FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WE'RE HERE TO HELP.
TAKE A QUICK LOOK AT SOME OF THE COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
Do I have to pay for my modem upgrade?
No. We’ll provide you with a new modem upgrade, free of charge.
What’s the benefit of choosing broadband that’s specifically-designed for businesses?
BTC Business Broadband delivers better value for money for business customers, plus you receive business class support from our dedicated specialists so we can respond quickly to any issues that may arise.
Which broadband plan is right for my business?
It depends on your specific business needs. Get in touch with us so we can provide the best options to support you and your business.
As a business, why should I choose this service when I can simply buy the consumer broadband and get great speeds and price?
BTC Business Broadband delivers better value for your money and you also receive small business support to respond quickly to any issues that may arise.
If I already have an internet service from BTC Business, can I change to the new small business bundled service?
Yes! Simply get in touch with us and we’ll help you find the service that’s right for you.
Can I get broadband for my business without having a phone line?
Yes! You can purchase our broadband service as a standalone product; however, you’ll get more value for money by choosing one of our product packages which include both broadband and voice.
What are the benefits of taking a Business WiFi service?
"It’s a secure way of keeping your business connected. With Business WiFi, you and your employees access a private:
- WiFi network which is protected with a password.
- Your customers and visitors access the network separately, via a login method of your choice.
- This way, your data and systems are better protected. You’re in control over WiFi usage
- You can monitor the usage of your WiFi network – both by you and your employees, but also by your customers and visitors.
- You can use this insight to determine how much bandwidth you allocate to your own private network, and how much bandwidth you provide for your visitors.
- With Business WiFi, you can also check which devices are connected to your network at all times, and access if needed. This gives you more control"
Can I install Wi-Fi Business myself?
Business WiFi is always installed by one of our experienced technicians. By visiting your premises, they can determine how many WiFi access points your business needs. This means we can make sure your WiFi service runs smoothly.
How many access points do you need for an optimal Wi-Fi signal in every corner of your business?
This depends on many factors such as the size of your office, the number of floors, or the location of your modem. Our expert technicians are on hand to determine the WiFi service installation that works for your business.
How many access points do I need?
Wi-Fi must go wherever you want. The range of your Wi-Fi signal can easily be increased with a network expander such as an access point.